More About the Clarion Church of God...

When visiting our church, please fill out a Friendship & Communication card that is located in back of each pew; place it in the offering plate or hand it to an Usher.
Also, for those worshiping with us for the first time... we have a gift for you. Please stop @ the Welcome Center in the Narthex by the Main Entrance to pick it up.


Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pastor's Message - September 2013

Dear Friends,

I wanted to share an update with you regarding the Trinity Point building project. I shared this on Sunday August 25 and wanted to put it in writing.
The loan is now in the hands of the bank’s attorney and we are waiting to sign the final paperwork. The architect that drew the blue prints and his business partner parted ways, so this had made for some delicate issues that our contractor has had to deal with. Also there has been some delay with getting the plans for the footers for the new building from the company that is manufacturing the steel. They have assured us that they will put up the structure even in cold weather, so the start of the steel is probably going to be pushed back six weeks or so. There are lots of behind the scenes happenings, however, and we are moving forward. Praise the Lord!

I’m so glad the Scripture says, (Pro 3:5-6 ESV) Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  (6)  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. A promise that we need in our lives daily in many different areas of our lives.

I want to thank all of you prayer warriors for your faithfulness in your prayers. I believe that is one of the keys to why our congregation is strong and loving. We have been hit hard in August with things that could have had the potential to divide us and to cause great conflict. However, Satan was defeated by the power of God and we will continue to be vigilant and to be watchful and on guard.  God is a faithful God. The Scripture says, (Heb 10:23 ESV) Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.


There is a song I love to listen to that is sung by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and written by Carol Cymbala that have the following words;

In my moments of fear, through every pain every tear, there's a God whose been faithful to me.
When my strength was all gone, when my heart had no song, still in love He’s proved faithful to me.
Every word He promised is true, what I thought was impossible, I see my God do.

Chorus:
He's been faithful, faithful to me, looking back His love and mercy I see.
In my heart I questioned, even failed to believe, yet He’s been faithful, faithful to me.

When my heart looked away, the many times I could not pray, still my God, He was faithful to me.
The days I spent so selfishly reaching out for what pleased me, even then God was faithful to me
Every time I come back to Him, He's waiting with open arms, and I see once again.

Chorus:
He's been faithful, faithful to me, looking back His love and mercy I see.
In my heart I questioned, even failed to believe, yet He’s been faithful, faithful to me.

God bless you all as we continue the journey.

Pastor Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are monitored & will not appear immediately.