More About the Clarion Church of God...

When visiting our church, please fill out a Friendship & Communication card that is located in back of each pew; place it in the offering plate or hand it to an Usher.
Also, for those worshiping with us for the first time... we have a gift for you. Please stop @ the Welcome Center in the Narthex by the Main Entrance to pick it up.


Sunday, August 28, 2011

September 2011 - Message from Pastor Bruce

Dear Friends,

As you know we have been preaching on the theme, “The Church You Can Believe in Today.” I hope it has been an encouragement to you and an inspiration. I believe that this is the direction that God led us in and we will finish in the next several weeks.

The topics we examined were:
            1. What’s Really Real?
            2. We are Family
            3. Saved to Serve
            4. Called to Sacrifice for the Kingdom
            5. The Bride of Christ
            6. The Expectations
            7. The Purchase Price
            8. A Healing Community

The next several weeks we will be dealing with the following topics:
            9. Love for One Another August 28
            10. The Battle Rages On! September 4
            11. A Spirit Filled Church September 11
            12. A Praying Church September 18
            13. Living the Gospel Lifestyle September 25

The Bible has much to say about His Church, the body of Christ and I hope you will be blessed and enlightened by the messages that the Holy Spirit has laid on our hearts.

We are gearing up for the fall and lots of planning is taking place on several fronts. Of course, there continues to be work toward getting everything in place to start on the new facility at Trinity Point. We are hopeful that we will be able to announce soon, the loan approval from one of our local banks. Also, we will be starting to nail down a timeline for starting construction and the completion date.

Teachers are gearing up for their Sunday School Classes and I am hopeful that you will participate in Sunday School. That is an important time where we can learn and grow. I want to encourage you to take part in one of our adult classes and your children will be able to participate in one of our children’s classes.

In the flurry of activity that’s happening in the life of our congregation, my question is, “How are you doing?” God’s concern and mine is always about our spiritual health. In the society in which we live, which seems to always be at break neck speed, it seems to be harder and harder to keep our focus on God. I think we constantly have to refocus and to spend time working on our relationship with our Lord. Please take time to spend with God throughout your day. I am reminded of one of my favorite passages of Scripture, (Psa 121:1-2 NIV)  I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? {2} My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. What a comfort to know that God is there for us while we live on this side of eternity with the struggles of life. As big as God is, He is still able to help us, comfort us, and empower us to live a life of spiritual strength.

I would also encourage you to pray for others that are hurting and struggling. If you are able to offer a word of encouragement and let them know you care, I would ask you to do so.

God bless you as you and I and our church family labor on here in God’s vineyard. (John 4:34-35 NIV)  "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. {35} Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

Pastor Bruce
Proverbs 23:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are monitored & will not appear immediately.